Selling your Home? Use These Tips!
Increase the Curb Appeal of Any Home
Clean up the outside.
- Curb appeal is the first impression of your house. Keeping the grass cut and the area tidy will help make a great first impression.
- Paint or wash the exterior of the house (including window casings, shutters, and doors).
- Wash the windows inside and out.
- Check the gutters and chimney.
Increase The Curb Appeal Of Any House. Simple, low-cost curb appeal and house makeover improvements that anyone can do in a weekend. Or, there are many landscaping companies that can help with the job if time is an issue.
Touch up the interior.
- Put a fresh coat of paint in the most used areas of the home. This will clean as well as brighten up the rooms.
- Wash the walls where paint is not appropriate (i.e. wall paper, paneling).
- Wash all floors and bathroom tiles.
- Shampoo dirty carpets.
- Get rid of clutter. Clean out your closets, garage, basement, and attic. Use shelf storage if necessary.
- Replace air filters to help keep the dust down.
Replace bathroom and kitchen fixtures that are worn or leaking.
- People will notice a leaking or worn-out faucet. By replacing these items, you will give a new look to the room.
- Clean under the sinks. If there are any leaks, fix them. Then clean up the damage using contact paper or paint.
Home Improvement Contractor. Find and research local contractors, and get free no obligation quotes on your home improvement projects.
Get rid of any bad smells in your home.
- Pay attention to pet or cigarette odors.
- Place scented potpourri around the house.
- On the day you're expecting a potential buyer, pop a batch of frozen cinnamon rolls, home-made bread, or an apple pie into the oven for a great aroma.